In Italy it is typical that, one day a week, almost any town has a street market in the main square.
For this reason, from Monday to Saturday (with very rare exceptions on Sundays), in the Lake Garda’s villages you can certainly find stalls selling local delicacies such as cheese, cold cuts, oil, fruit and vegetables, bread, but also clothes, bags, leather goods and household items.
Remember that these markets only take place in the morning: they start very early, around 7 am, and close at lunchtime, around 12.30. If you’re going towards closing time, you can buy something for lunch! In fact, there are usually also small delicatessens and rotisseries with fried fish, roast chicken and other delicious ready meals.
A small suggestion! You can reach the weekly markets with the boat provided by Navigazione Laghi: discover everything about boat trips on Lake Garda.
Here is a list of the main street markets of the towns on Lake Garda, divided into Verona, Brescia and Trento shores.
- Moniga del Garda – Market in Piazza San Martino
- Sirmione – Market in loc. Colombare
- Pozzolengo – Market in via Gramsci
- Desenzano del Garda – Market in Lungolago Cesare Battisti
- Limone sul Garda – Market in Lungolago Guglielmo Marconi
- Tignale – Market in the town center
- Gargnano (every 2 weeks) – Market in the town center
- Toscolano Maderno – Market in the town center
- Lonato del Garda – Market in Piazza Martiri della Libertà
- Sirmione – Market in loc. Lugana
- Manerba del Garda – Market in Viale della Rimembranza
- Puegnago del Garda – Market in the town center
- Soiano del Lago – Market in Piazza don Vantini
- Brescia – Market in Piazza della Loggia
- Desenzano del Garda – Market in loc. Rivoltella
The best experiences around Lake Garda
Powered by GetYourGuide
- Torbole sul Garda – Market at Parco Pavese, every 2nd and 4th Tuesday of the month from March to September
- Arco – Market in the town center every 1st and 3rd wednesday of the month
- Riva del Garda – Market in the town center, every 2nd and 4th wednesday of the month
- Trento – Market in via Giovanni Battista Borsieri
- Ledro – Market in loc. Pieve (from June to September)
- Riva del Garda – Farmers’ market in via Roma