PARCO GIARDINO SIGURTA'
Parco Giardino Sigurtà is a magnificent park that extends over 60 hectares in the territory of Valeggio sul Mincio (in the province of Verona), a few kilometers from Peschiera del Garda.
Parco Giardino Sigurtà is interesting both from a naturalistic and historical point of view: its paths walk through a million tulips, 30.000 roses, 18 ponds, a 400-years-old oak tree, a gunroom, a gothic temple and a maze.
Thanks to its many attractions, this Park is considered one of the most beautiful gardens in Europe, and its bloom is well known worldwide. If you happen to be on Lake Garda from March to November, don’t miss the chance to visit this unique and charming Park!
Discover Parco Sigurtà
Tulips, roses and the other flowers
A million tulips, representing more than 300 varieties: no wonder that their flowering has become an event for the Park, the Tulip Mania! But it is not only the tulips that enchant visitors to Parco Sigurtà: walking along the Roses Avenue you can admire more than 30.000 roses, leading you to the Castle of Valeggio sul Mincio. The Castle is not actually part of the Park, but the Garden and its avenues are designed to give the visitor this illusion.
In addition to roses and tulips, there are many other blooms that attract visitors from all over Europe: Irisis, Dalias, Water Lilies, Sunflowers, Hyacinths, Narcissus will accompany you on your visit to the park.
The Maze was designed using 1.500 yew trees, and in the middle stands a tower, inspired by the french Bois de Boulogne: you can climb on the dome of the tower to enjoy the maze seen from above.
Though the Maze was inaugurated in 2011, the project is not complete yet: in the future, an underground tunnel will be opened leading to the tower, which will house a fossil museum.
The sundial of Romeo and Giulietta
This is a very special sundial, in the form of a geometrical composition. The elements that make up the dial (the circumference, the 64 hyperbolic curves, and the 32 points) are a symbolic representation of the Sun as a source of life.
The Great Oak
This tree is one of the most loved attractions of the Park, and it’s for sure the oldest one: the Great Oak is 400 years old! In addition, this tree is considered one of the most beautiful examples of oak, thanks to its almost perfect proportions. To give you an idea of its magnificence: the foliage of the Great Oak covers an area of about 1000 square meters (1196 square yards)!
The water gardens
As we mentioned, the Park has 18 ponds, where Water Lilies flower: immerse yourself in an impressionist canvas! If you look closer, you will see the Scaliger Castle of Valeggio reflecting on the water among the Lilies.
How to visit the Park
Given the size of the park, there are many options for those who do not want to tackle the entire route on foot:
- Panoramic Train: the visit takes about 35 mins, it’s available in italian, english or german and costs € 3,50.
- By bike: you can enter the park with your own bike, or rent one from the Park at the cost of € 4 per hour for a traditional bike or € 6 per hour for an e-bike.
- Golf Cart: it costs € 18 per hour and can transport up to 4 people.
- By Shuttle: this option includes a professional guide. The cost is € 6 for adults and € 4 for children (5-14 yo)
Open every day from 9 am to 7 pm (last admission at 6 pm). In March, October and November the park closes at 6 pm (last admission at 5 pm).
- Adults: € 14,50
- Children (5-14 yo): € 7,50
- Children < 5 yo: free
- Adults over 65 yo: € 10,50
- A4 motorway: take Peschiera del Garda exit, then drive 8 km in the direction of Valeggio sul Mincio.
- A22 motorway: coming from the Modena side, take the Nogarole Rocca exit and follow the signs for Valeggio sul Mincio. Coming from the Brenner side, take the dual carriageway SS450 for Peschiera del Garda and then follow the signs for Valeggio sul Mincio.
- Arriving in Verona Porta Nuova railway station; take ATV bus to Valeggio sul Mincio.
- Arriving in Peschiera del Garda railway station; take APAM bus 46 APAM, or ATV bus 479 (only in the summer season).